Between October 22nd and October 28th, Quest CHC, along with more than 100 health centres across Ontario, will take part in an annual celebration, Community Health and Wellbeing Week.
With this year’s theme of Building Healthier Communities Together, the week will highlight the need to build stronger and more vibrant communities to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and families. The week will also focus on the many ways Community Health Centres work closely with their clients, communities, other community-based organizations, grassroots teams, local leaders and decision-makers to understand local issues, build local connections and develop local solutions to address unmet or under-served needs, creating more sustainable, resilient communities.
Quest CHC will celebrate the week by hosting a variety of activities. These range from client-centred health promotion activities such as the Screen for Life Mobile Cancer Screening Coach and The Lifelong Impact of Trauma Workshop; to public education initiatives such as our Voting for the Health of It event which will promote civic engagement in the municipal election.
Please see the full list of activities below, feel free to contact to Erin Walters (905-688-2558 ext. 297) for more information or to register for any of these events. All events take place at Quest CHC, unless otherwise specified. All events are free and participants will be provided with snacks and prizes.
- Voting for the Health of It (Monday October 22nd @ 10am – 2pm)
- Getting a Better Night’s Sleep Workshop (Monday October 22nd @ 1:30 – 3pm)
- Screen for Life Cancer Coach (Tuesday October 23rd from @ 9am – 3pm)
- Community Walk (Tuesday October 23rd from @ 11am – 12pm)
- The Lifelong Impact of Trauma Workshop (Wednesday October 24th @ 1:30 – 3pm)
- Cooking Class (Thursday October 25th @ 7 – 10 pm at Silver Spire United Church)
- LGBTQ+ Youth Halloween Dance (Thursday October 25th @ 7 – 10 am at Governor Simcoe S.S.)
- Community Celebration (Friday October 26th 11am – 1:30pm)
We hope you can join us!