Migrant Agricultural Workers (MAWs) employed in the Niagara Region face a variety of issues in accessing primary health care services. In March 2014, the HNHB LHIN approved funding to provide MAWs health services throughout the Niagara Region. Using an interdisciplinary team approach in collaboration with community partners (e.g. Niagara Migrant Agricultural Workers Interest Group, Southridge Community Church, Cornerstone Community Church, McMaster and Brock University and Migrant Farmworkers Project Anglican Diocese of Niagara), Quest provides accessible, high quality care through Points of Services in both East and West Niagara. Quest CHC’s MAWP incorporates primary health care services, health promotion and community capacity building initiatives. All program areas were developed in collaboration with local community stakeholders. Services are currently delivered in Vineland, Virgil, Beamsville, St Catharines, Jordan and at farm/home visits.
- MAWP Response to COVID-19 (English)
- MAWP Response to COVID-19 (Spanish)
- MAWP Virtual Clinics 2020 (English)
- MAWP Virtual Clinics 2020 (Spanish)
For more information about the MAWP contact Moises Vasquez, Community Health Worker, at 905.688.2558 ext: 309. To refer a client please complete our Referral Form or call Quest’s Community Health Worker.
Interested in volunteering with our MAW Program? See Join Our Volunteers
We want to thank you!
Our community partners help make this program a success! Community Partners Include:
- Niagara’s Migrant Worker Interest Group
- Southridge Community Church
- Cornerstone Community Church
- Migrant Farmworkers Project Anglican Diocese of Niagara
- McMaster University Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine Students
- Brock University Nursing Students
- Our Volunteer medical professionals, allied health professionals, community support individuals, interpreters, and drivers
- Our clients who provide ongoing feedback and help develop the program
Want to meet some of the Migrant Agricultural Workers who come to Niagara? Watch this 2 minute video and meet our neighbours.