You can apply for the program if you:
- are 65 years of age or older
- are a resident of Ontario
- meet the income requirements:
- an annual net income of $19,300 or less for a single senior
- a combined annual net income of $32,300 or less for a couple
- have no other form of dental benefits, including private insurance or dental coverage under another government program such as Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program or Non-Insured Health Benefits
Your income will be verified by the Ministry using your Social Insurance Number (SIN), that you will provide when you apply to the program. They will use your SIN to verify your annual new income from your tax return. Learn how you can apply if you don’t have a SIN.