Quest Community Health Centre, Niagara Health System (NHS), Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Niagara Branch and Community Addiction Services of Niagara (CASON) have collaboratively developed an Urgent Service Access Team (USAT). USAT is a regional resource that works with clients on a short term basis to ensure linkage and connect clients to ongoing primary health care, mental health and addictions services, and other social services. The USAT team provides support throughout the Niagara Region and through various points of service (e.g. Niagara Health System sites: St Catharines Site, Withdrawal Management Services, New Port Centre; Segue Clinics), and home visits.
The USAT program provides services to individuals who:
- Frequent the emergency department for mental health or addiction
- Experience opioid dependency issues (current or within the last 12 months)
- Would benefit for a Coordinated Care Plan using the Integrated Community Lead Model
USAT Brochure and Referral Form:
For more information about USAT contact Brenda Walters, Client Coordinator, at 905.688.2558 ext: 301.
Transformative Change Award
- USAT was one of the three winners of the new AOHC Transformative Change Award in 2016. To read more about it click here.
- To watch a video about our program click here.