Community Health Centres:
Quest CHC is one of 75 Community Health Centres (CHCs) in Ontario.
“Ontario’s Community Health Centres have been around for over forty years. But they’ve always been a bit ahead of their time.
They were inspired by the ideas of Tommy Douglas’ original vision for Medicare. Douglas hoped that as it evolved our health system would focus more on keeping people well – not just treating them when they get sick.
To do this, CHCs deliver primary health care services in combination with health promotion and illness prevention services. And what makes CHCs stand out is a strong community development focus. So in addition to promoting the health of individuals and families, CHCs mount initiatives that address social, economic and environmental problems negatively impacting people’s health.
Governed by community members, and working hand in hand with those they serve, CHCs also prioritize improving the health and wellbeing of populations who’ve traditionally faced barriers accessing health services.”
To read more check out: https://www.allianceon.org/
Model of Health and Well-being:
Quest CHC is built on the CHC Model of Health and Well-being.
The Values and Principles of the Model of Health and Well-being include:
- Highest Quality, People and Community Centred Health and Wellbeing
- Health Equity and Social Justice
- Community Vitality and Belonging
Attributes of the Model of Health and Wellbeing are:
- Anti-oppressive and Culturally Safe
- Interprofessional, integrated and coordinated
- Based on the Social Determinants of Health
- Grounded in a Community Development Approach
- Population and Needs-Based
- Accountable and Efficient
For more information check out: Model of Health and Well-being