Addressing the gap in health and social services that are tailored to the unique needs and barriers experienced by sexually and gender diverse populations has been the primary objective of Quest’s Rainbow Niagara Services. Quest has been addressing this health equity issue since our inception in 2010.
Our 2SLGBTQ+ services include:
- primary health care,
- trans specific health care,
- support and care for gender independent children, assessment/referral,
- and follow-up for gender confirming surgery,
- mental health support/counseling,
- health promotion/community capacity initiatives such as: Pride Prom, community presentations to social services, schools, and medical providers
- support to Gay Straight Alliances, PFLAG
- collaborating with various 2SLGBTQ+ groups/coalitions such as Niagara’s Senior Pride Network.
Our interdisciplinary team focuses on the delivery of culturally competent 2SLGBTQ+ services to individuals across their lifespan.
If you are seeking culturally competent primary health care and/or trans specific health care contact our front desk client coordinators at 905.688.2558 ext: 0 to book an intake appointment.
For more information about Rainbow Niagara’s outreach and community programs contact Stephanie Vail, Community Health Worker, at 905.688.2558 ext: 222.
Interested in Volunteering with our Rainbow Niagara Programs? See Join Our Volunteer
Transformative Change Award